Monday, May 09, 2005

14

"Time to go, man. You've been here too long."

He was still kneeling as if the barrel of the handgun was planted against the back of his head. Or it could have been because the god of streets had whispered into his ear about what how the truth was a lie, and how people thought each other was gay to begin with. He got to his feet and brushed himself off. "How did I do?" he asked.

"Fine, just fine. Now take a hike. I've got others to save." I pushed him aside.

I walked along and shuffled my feet as I looked upon the people with sorrow. Later on I would pass out bread and wine and pretend to save these people from damnation.

But, the secret was, there wasn't any damnation anywhere to be found, just the fact that they couldn't get the fuck and find teh savior themselves.

That pretty much explained why I shuffled my feet right out the fucking gate.

No comments: