Saturday, April 16, 2005

11

I decided to stop by my old friend's house, Ms. Lily Early. She hadn't been in the scene for a while since her husband died, and I figured I would pay my respects to someone I had admired for a long time. I walked onto the porch of her house and looked around. All I could think about is when the last time this was painted or taken care of, since it was so unlike her. One of the neighbors was walking by when they noticed me.

"You just missed her. She just went home."

I turned around to see who was speaking to me by they had already walked on. At times like this there are way too many things to describe and one of the things that sucks is that even I can't describe it half the time.

Take this porch, for example. I mentioned it needed painted, right? Well, it is a white porch with chunks of missing paint and the goddamn wood underneath it is grey. Were there any chairs or hanging plants? Yes. The chairs were those plastic molded things you buy in a dollar store and the ferns were half fucking dead.

I couldn't take it anymore. I immediately went out and found the nearest drug dealer and offered to buy his stock. He produced a tiny bag of substance and when I grabbed his collar I told him I wanted more. So, he gave me the name of his boss, and his boss gave me the name of his boss, and his boss, and his boss, and soon I was at a beachside resort sitting across from the top level man.

"I'll buy it," I said.

With that, he stood and handed me the keys. As soon as I stood up, the dream ended, and the secret was revealed.

And yes, I forgot to write it down.

No comments: